Stow-Munroe Falls City Schools is currently registering for kindergarten for the upcoming 2013-2014 school year. Completion of kindergarten is required for children before entering first grade. If your child is five years old on or before August 1, 2013, you may register him/her for kindergarten. Students who are not eligible due to age may download and print a packet for early entrance to kindergarten testing (click here to print testing packet). Please call 330-689-5430 with questions. Packets will be accepted beginning in late April with testing occurring in early June. Students not age eligible for kindergarten will not be able to register until the testing is completed.
SMFCSD will continue to provide the current half-day kindergarten program as well as the all-day kindergarten program for the 2013-2014 school year. The cost of all-day kindergarten is yet to be determined pending legislation of Governor Kasich. Tuition will be payable on a semester basis. A deposit in the amount of $100.00 is required at time of registration. If you are unsure of your current home school of attendance, please feel free to contact the Board of Education office at 330.689.5445.
Please note that in addition to the registration packet (click here to download and print the KG enrollment packet), the following documents are required for registration:
- child's original or certified copy of birth certificate or official passport if not a U.S. citizen
- immunization records and completed medical packet for entering kindergarten (click here for medical packet) - medical packet is also found as part of KG enrollment packet
- proof of residency (utility bill, lease agreement, home deed) from your home address (no phone bills please)
- your driver's license or other photo i.d.
- court documents that pertain to custody of the child designating residential parent for education (if applicable)
A full set of originals (and one copy of each document) is required for registration. Copying of documents along with filling out the registration packet in advance will be time saving to parents.
Original or notarized copy of birth certificates are required for registration. It is not necessary to bring the new student to Parent Information Night and the registration appointment. The registration process should take approximately 15 minutes if your registration packet is filled out in advance.