Woodland Elementary School
Rubik's cube challenge 2017
Woodland fourth grade students participated in the Rubik's Cube Challenge on Friday, March 24th. Students who were able to solve the cube one time received a certificate of achievement, and some students also chose to compete for the top number of times solved in twenty minutes. Congratulations to top medal winner Eric Baughman who solved the cube 21 times!
March 27-31: Spring Break (NO SCHOOL)
April 6: Outstanding Educator Awards, 6:30 p.m. @ SMFHS
April 10: PTA Meeting, 6:30 p.m.
April 10-13: Grades 3/4 State Testing (Math)
April 13: Picasso Night, 6-7:30 p.m.
April 14: Good Friday (NO SCHOOL)
April 17: Conference Day (NO SCHOOL)
April 19-20: Grade 4 State Testing (Social Studies)
April 21: Muffins with Mom (last names A-J), 8:15 a.m.
April 28: Muffins with Mom (last names K-Z), 8:15 a.m.
May 10: Lakeview Information Night for Grade 4 Parents, 6:30-7:30
2908 GRAHAM RD.
STOW, OH 44224
Mrs. Mary Lou Muckleroy
Mrs. Belinda McClain
Through the collaboration of the school, parents, and the community, every student will have the opportunity to engage in real and relevant learning experiences in a safe and nurturing environment in order to become life-long learners.
School Supply Lists
School Day: 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Woodland Elementary School Building Goals:
- We will implement rigorous reading and writing instruction that is integrated across all content areas.
- We will apply the concepts of differentiated instruction in order to best meet the needs of diverse learners.
- Our students will develop skills and strategies to use when conflicts arise and will increase in their ability to reflect upon their own behavior and the behavior of others.
- Students will be provided with opportunities to encourage critical thinking, collaboration, communication and creativity that will equip them with skills necessary for the 21st century.
- All staff members will participate in professional development opportunities that will allow us to continue to grow and learn from one another.
Unique Experiences/Opportunities Available at Woodland:
- PAWS Good Behavior Program
- Student of the Month Awards
- Bulldog Choir
- Picasso Night Art Show
- Various grade level field trips
- Girls On The Run Program (sponsored by Woodland PTA)
- Woodland Walk-a-Thon
- YMCA Latchkey Program (before & after school)