Woodland Elementary School
Students of the Month with Spike, the Bulldog
Donuts with Dad
Author Visit with Conrad Storad
Magical Theater Company's "Pinocchio"
KSU International Athletes Visit
COSI on Wheels
WOODLAND students explore ecology with "Cosi on wheels"
Woodland students spent time recently learning about different ecosystems with the travelling COSI on Wheels program. Students attended an assembly presented by a COSI teacher, then participated in hands-on stations run by PTA volunteers.
Feb. 9: PTA Meeting, 10:15 a.m.
Feb. 10: Valentine Parties
Feb. 17: Professional Development Day (NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS)
Feb. 20: President's Day (NO SCHOOL)
March 10: End of Third Quarter/Early Release Day (1:30 p.m.)
March 27-31: Spring Break (NO SCHOOL)
2908 GRAHAM RD.
STOW, OH 44224
Mrs. Mary Lou Muckleroy
Mrs. Belinda McClain
Through the collaboration of the school, parents, and the community, every student will have the opportunity to engage in real and relevant learning experiences in a safe and nurturing environment in order to become life-long learners.
School Supply Lists
School Day: 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Woodland Elementary School Building Goals:
- We will implement rigorous reading and writing instruction that is integrated across all content areas.
- We will apply the concepts of differentiated instruction in order to best meet the needs of diverse learners.
- Our students will develop skills and strategies to use when conflicts arise and will increase in their ability to reflect upon their own behavior and the behavior of others.
- Students will be provided with opportunities to encourage critical thinking, collaboration, communication and creativity that will equip them with skills necessary for the 21st century.
- All staff members will participate in professional development opportunities that will allow us to continue to grow and learn from one another.
Unique Experiences/Opportunities Available at Woodland:
- PAWS Good Behavior Program
- Student of the Month Awards
- Bulldog Choir
- Picasso Night Art Show
- Various grade level field trips
- Girls On The Run Program (sponsored by Woodland PTA)
- Woodland Walk-a-Thon
- YMCA Latchkey Program (before & after school)